Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Shade Review


Book/Livro: Shade
Author/Autor(a): Jeri Smith-Ready
Publisher/Editora: Simon Pulse
Pages/Páginas: 320 pages
Synopsis/Sinopse:

Love ties them together. Death can't tear them apart.

Best. Birthday. Ever. At least, it was supposed to be. With Logan's band playing a critical gig and Aura's plans for an intimate after-party, Aura knows it will be the most memorable night of her boyfriend's life. She never thought it would be his last.
Logan's sudden death leaves Aura devastated. He's gone.
Well, sort of.
Like everyone born after the Shift, Aura can see and hear ghosts. This mysterious ability has always been annoying, and Aura had wanted nothing more than to figure out why the Shift happened so she can undo it. But not with Logan’s violet-hued spirit still hanging around. Because dead Logan is almost as real as ever. Almost.
It doesn't help that Aura’s new friend Zachary is so understanding—and so very alive. His support means more to Aura than she cares to admit.
As Aura's relationships with the dead and the living grow ever complicated, so do her feelings for Logan and Zachary. Each holds a piece of Aura's heart…and clues to the secret of the Shift.

What I thought/ O que eu pensei :

First of all I have to admit that I was afraid of reading this book... I was expecting so much from this book that I was afraid that Shade wasn't going to live up all of my expectatives.
I don't know why I lost my time worring about this. Shade was amazing.
Well, I just loved this new turn in ghost's story *-* Jeri Smith's world is so spellbinding that I didn't want the book to end.
What amazed me was that there's no boring part in Shade, everything was well paced. And I actually felt all the emotions Aura was felling.
In one page I got teared eyes, in another I was laughing, and then it was time do sigh. Whew! Like I said before: amazing!
And Zachary! OMG, I want this guy for me! He's so perfect *-* He is close to Jace/Dimitri and Ash in my list of book's crushes (and yes, that's saying a lot, cuz the list is HUGE)
I didn't love Logan, but I liked him, even though he was a little bit of a spoiled brat, he really loved Aura so... I'm okay with him.
And yes, Aura was a great character and her emotions felt so real that wow! I'm left with no words.
I loved the plot, I loved the mistery, I loved every single page of this book.
And I just can't wait for the sequel, because the end left me hanging (:

~~•~~

Primeiro eu tenho que admitir que eu estava morrendo de medo de ler esse livro... Eu estava esperando tanto dele que fiquei com medo de me decepcionar.
Nem sei porque eu perdi tanto tempo me preocupando com isso. Shade é incrivel!
Eu amei o novo estilo de história de fantasmas... O mundo que Jeri Smith criou é tão fantástico que eu não queria que o livro acabasse.
O que mais me deixou maravilhada foi que não teve nenhuma parte chata/entediante em Shade, todas as cenas tinham um ritmo legal. E eu realmente senti tudo o que Aura estava sentindo.
Em uma página eu estava chorando, em outra eu estava rindo alto, e depois era hora de suspirar. Ufa! Como eu disse antes: incrivel!
E Zachary! OMG, eu quero ele pra mim! Ele é tão perfeito *-* Ele está perto do Jace/Dimitri e Ash na minha lista de paixões fictícias (o que é dizer bastante, já que a lista é ENORME)
Eu não amei o Logan, mas eu gostei dele, apesar dele dar uma de garoto mimado em algumas partes do livro, ele realmente amava a Aura, então... Eu estou de boa com ele.
E sim, Aura é uma ótima personagem, suas emoções foram tão reais que wow! Eu estou sem palavras!
Eu amei o enredo, amei o mistério e amei cada página desse livro.
Mal posso esperar pelo livro 2 porque o fim? É, ele só me deixou mais ansiosa para saber o que irá acontecer (:

Last Thought/Último Pensamento:

Shade is in my pile of favorites book ever! And I really wish that it becomes a movie 'cause I can't wait to see Zach in the big screen *-*

~~•~~

Shade está na minha pilha dos meus livros favoritos! E eu realmente desejo que ele se torne um filme, porque eu mal posso esperar pra ver o Zach nas telonas *-*


By: Giu ;*

No comments:

Post a Comment